Involved in a Car Wreck?
Were you or a family member injured in a car accident? If so, you need to get help from a qualified car accident lawyer as soon as possible. After all, you have hospital and medical bills to pay and may even have lost wages by not being able to work! Don’t wait, the longer you wait you may decrease your chances to recover money for your lost.
We know how important all of this is for you. You probably have several questions that need answers. We’re ready to answer any and all questions you have as soon as you contact us for your FREE CASE REVIEW!
What should I do right after a car accident?
There are many steps to protect your legal rights, including:
- Call police and get a police report at the scene. If police issue you a traffic ticket (citation), it’s your duty to sign it, which is not an admission of guilt. Get police officers’ names and identification.
- Get contact information from other drivers involved.
- Determine if witnesses at the scene can support your account of the accident and, if so, get their contact information.
- Take photos with a cell phone or other camera of all damages to all vehicles involved and of the nature of the scene, including street layouts, traffic signs and weather and road conditions. Also take photos of injuries due to the accident.
- If medical care is needed, seek care from a physician or hospital and get records of the nature of injuries to you or your passengers.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Contact an attorney with the Jim Adler & Associates law firm to ensure your legal rights are protected and to help you prepare for a future injury claim.
Why should I hire a car accident lawyer?
It is highly recommended that you hire a car accident lawyer immediately after a wreck if any of the following apply to you:
- 1 or more persons were injured or killed,
- Multiple parties were involved,
- One or more parties were uninsured,
- Police report does not match the incident.
DO NOT try to handle things with the insurance companies alone. Their job is to make sure you get as little as possible for your vehicle and any injuries sustained from the accident.
What are common auto accident injuries in Texas?
Many kinds of injuries can occur in Texas auto accidents. Some are more common than others. These include:
- Soft tissue injuries such as tears or stretches to ligaments, tendons or muscles.
- Cuts and scrapes, which can vary in severity.
- Bruises and contusions, which can vary in severity.
- Fractures or broken bones, anywhere in the body, but often in the arms and legs after an auto accident.
- Back and neck injuries such as whiplash (neck muscle and ligament damage from a sudden stop), strains, sprains and cervical dislocation.
- Spinal injuries including spinal cord damage and herniated discs in the back, possibly causing a loss of sensation or movement.
- Brain or head injuries, including concussions, fractures of the skull, internal bleeding, lacerations and traumatic brain injuries.
- Burn injuries of varying degrees, with severe burns causing scarring and needing skin grafts.
Are there up-front costs or charges for hiring an attorney?
Our law firm charges clients no up-front money, but instead works on a contingency fee basis. That means if the firm fails to settle a case, it’s paid nothing. And when it does settle a case, the firm is paid only from a part of the total recovery or settlement, and nothing from a client’s own pocket. You will never write us a check.